Friday, March 15, 2013

Go ahead, make my day!

Have I mentioned how much I loved reading my own reviews? Naturally, I prefer the positive ones, but  even a bad review has some payback, in that the reader cared enough about the book to post an opinion. Lately my first (and still free) book The Sixth Discipline got some very positive,  brief, but sincere-sounding reviews, mostly on Amazon, which is where most of my sales are. Here are excerpts from the most recent:


5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ScifiMarch 15, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Sixth Discipline (Haven) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, a thriller with kidnapping, murder and greed ...  I started the next book in the series the day I finished this as I had not had enough.

 I enjoyed this book from the first page to the last.March 2, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Sixth Discipline (Haven) (Kindle Edition)
The story is captivating and the writing suburb.... It was hard to put down. I hope Carmen has more for us avid readers.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper!January 28, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Sixth Discipline (Haven) (Kindle Edition)
First off, I have read many books, and this book is one of my favorites . . .  The main character, Ran-del, was awesome! The second book is just as wonderful, and I would like to read another.

Beyond the Kindle!
I get fewer sales (and thus fewer reviews) on other platforms, but I did recently get an excellent (and longer) review for  The Sixth Discipline on Smashwords. Here's an excerpt:

Review by: Dave Higgins on March 15, 2013 : star star star star 
Unlike some stories that culture clash as a motif, this novel both features action by characters from each culture in both cultures and portrays neither culture as ultimately lesser to the other.

The book tells the story of Ran-Del Jahanpur, a warrior from a forest tribe that focus on mental discipline and aim to live in tune with nature. ... With a plot that moves back and forth between the forest and the city, the novel skilfully balances the benefits and disadvantages of psychic and technological solutions and the cultures that have grown up around them.

I found Ran-Del to be a well-developed character. His social and moral choices are sometimes better and sometimes worse than others, making him neither the noble savage or the uncultured rural. ...


Now that you know. . . 
Now that you know how much authors love reviews, doesn't it make you want to write one? You could make my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment