Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to help bookstores (if you're a famous author like Neil Gaiman)

Neil Gaiman is in my top five favorite authors. Within that five, I can't really rank them, but he is right up there. I have waited in line for hours to get his books signed, and I have to say he is impressive in his unfailing courtesy to his readers, as well as his sheer stamina. He also likes bookstores (don't most authors!) and when his publisher asked him to pre-sign some papers to be bound into his new book (I never heard of that but I can see where it's more efficient since you don't have to ship cartons of books across the country) he agreed if he could arrange for some copies to be made available to one of his favorite indie bookstores.


So, if you live in the US, and you want a signed copy of Neil Gaiman's newest novel, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (without going to a convention and standing in line for hours), you can get it by ordering it from Porter Square Books, in Cambridge, MA.  According to his blog post, he expects there will be more bookstores in future, and some might offer international delivery.

I'm only telling you because I've already ordered mine!  I love the cover and I can't wait to read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment